I’ve been playing with Matthias’ USB MIDI library (code pulled during Sept), and I’m having a problem:
Although, while using the supplied test program, the MIDI device shows up on my computers (2x Windows 10, 1x Windows 7), no MIDI data is getting through. I’ve tried sniffing the USB traffic and it appears that the UC isn’t sending any packets. But I’m now out of my depth trying to debug this.
USB MIDI library – https://github.com/madias123/Arduino_STM32_MIDI_project
I’m using a Maple mini.
Has anyone had a similar experience with this library? Or can anyone suggest how to go about debugging it?
With thanks for your help.
If you download this branch, you can select Midi from the menu
https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ … addMidiHID
As far as I’m aware midi works (as does HID etc)
If not you could try PM’ing @madias
However, I found that by changing USB_MIDI_RX_EPSIZE and USB_MIDI_TX_EPSIZE to 0x40 instead of 0x74, it started working. I have no idea why this worked, but I’ve tried switching back and forth and it consistently doesn’t work with 0x74 and does with 0x40. The comment on that line of code suggests 0x40 was the original value but it was later changed to 0x74.
Just mentioning in case it helps.
I’ll PM @madias and see if he had the same problem
Keep in mind, that the sysex isn’t really implemented. I experimented successfully with sysex, but it’s not in this repo (wasn’t really handy to go for public). If you need sysex I can upload it somewhere (github) but the whole folder, because I changed many things.
I have an old Casio keyboard which has midi, but I’d need to find the power supply, as its been ages since i used it.
If the change to USB_MIDI_RX_EPSIZE seems to fix a problem, perhaps I should update the code, as it sounds like the midi feature is not used by many people , so this won’t have a big impact